Mental Health Toolkit
Community Counseling Services Crisis Line: 570.552.6000
Toll-Free 1-888-829-1341 or 211
- I will stop and think before I react and ask myself, "Is it worth it?"
- I will avoid using the words "just" or "I don't know" since these words may indicate I am making excuses
- I will remember I have a chemical imbalance in my brain "bad brain chemistry" or "BBC"
- I will not let my emotions control my rational thinking or decision making
- I will not feel anxious without good reason
- I will not believe anything without proof or evidence
- I will not feel guilty unless I have done something wrong
- I will remember the part to learn from it, so I don't repeat the same situations or beat myself up
- I will not see suicide or self-abuse as solutions to my problems. there are always other options.
- I will be "aware", of my emotions and analyze them before "acting" on them (3 "A's")
- I will be assertive when needed and appropriate, but never aggressive
- I will practice using direct eye contact when talking with others
- I will not increase, decrease, or stop my medication without first consulting with the prescribing physician/provider
- I will keep a list of my medication with me at all times, with the doses, reasons, and the times they are taken and who prescribes them
- I will never use drugs or abuse alcohol